View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 01:27 PM   #13
Donna Jean
YT 500 Club Member

Default Young children and yorkies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmsmom View Post
My daughter was just turning 7 when we bought Diesel. On top of it all I had a German Shepherd at home. Obviously, I believe that it can work. I am not sure what I would have done if the breeder had told me I couldn't have a Yorkie becuase of my DD. I am just thankful that there are breeders out there that are willing to let their babies go to families like mine!
I think you have to put yourself in the breeders shoes, if you have had those babies since birth to 14 to 16 weeks, you are not going to take any chances with their lives, i always tell people that want a yorkie their are breeders that will sell to anyone, after explaining why, most people are very polite, and understand, some are offended, but they are my babies and i owe it to them to not take chances with their well being, i am glad things have worked out for you and your young daughter and German Shepard. I compliment you on keeping your yorkie out of harms way, not all people with children are able to work it out like you have.
Donna Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!