View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 12:57 PM   #1
Tuga
Yorkie Yakker

Default House breaking issues

Hello,

I live an irregular life and it's very difficult for me to have regular schedules with my dog (I do have them in feeding matters...). So I chose a Yorkie (for a start because I love the terriers character) because of its size, being a small dog it would be possible to use pee pads.

I take Bit with me wherever I go each time it's possible.
She's 3 1/2 month old now.

The present situation is as follows:
- When I'm not with her (at night, that I close her in the bathroom or during the day that I live her at loose in the corridor and kitchen) she doesn't pee or poo anymore (I used the crate training method).
- When I take her outside she never does anything outside.
- When I'm with her she does it all over, many times!!!

When she does (and I pick her doing it, if I don't see her doing it, I just clean the mess and don't say anything...), I say "No, no pee here, bad girl!!!" take her to the pee pad and say "here, pee here!!!", but she never goes there by her self...
Sometimes, like when we arrive home from somewhere, I take her directly to the pad, don't let her go away and insist with her to pee, and she actually does it there, when it appends I praise her a lot.

I have the following concerns:
1) Am I doing it right? She understands so very many things already, she seems to be sooo clever... like she recognized her name the day after she arrived, she always comes when I ask her to, she seats when I ask her, if I say NO when she's bitting something she immediately stops...
Is it possible that she didn't understand yet where she as "to go"?
Or am I doing something wrong?
2) How can I train her to go outside when she's outside, to go to the pad when she's at home and not to do it when she's at somebody else's?

Once more I apologize for my English, I know it's confusing...
Tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!