View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 12:32 PM   #7
Donna Jean
YT 500 Club Member

Default Small Children and Yorkie puppies

I am a breeder and do not sell to families with children under 8 years old. The reasons are many.
#1 They do not keep doors closed, or gates.
#2 You can not always supervise your children, if a child drops raisens on the floor, and the yorkie eats them, it will kill your yorkie.
#3 Children do not know their own strength, and can hurt a yorkie by holding them to tightly.
#4 Your children do not have quick enough reflexs to catch a yorkie if it try's to jump out of your arms.
#5 Your child might be great, but that child is going to have friends that may not have the same manners about small dogs as yours, and harm your yorkie in play.

#6 Small children run through the house which frightens a yorkie, and the child can fall on a yorkie and kill it.

I could go on and on, but young children and baby yorkies just do not mix. Why do you think so many old ladies have yorkies. They want lap babies, and i want all my yorkies to be the number one family member and the spoiled baby of their family. When you raise puppies, you want the best possible future you can give them for 15 years. And believe me children that are young are your babies and come first, I don't know any young children that i would let my yorkies be alone with, and the yorkie can not be in a safe enviorment with young children.. Sadly, yorkies Love children and children love small yorkie puppies, I just do not think young children offer a safe enviorment for a yorkie, puppy or adult yorkie. I hope I have not offended anyone that has young children, that is not my intent, you can count on your children, but can you count on their friends? Their is a great site that will give you more insite as to why young children are not a good idea for a yorkie puppie, please go to the web site Yorkshire Terrier Club of America, and they will give you some more insite ..
Donna Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!