View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 11:47 AM   #5
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

I don't think the problem is that you have or, not have experience dogs. Young children just don't understand that they have to be gentle with small animals. I know this first hand....I have had many different kinds of animals my whole life. I have to skingirls, who are now adults. My youngest, although she loved animals and would pick them up and hug them, killed one of our birds when she was about 4 yrs old. of course it was an accident buy she didn't realize that picking it up and trying to make the bird fly, was going to break it's neck. She loved cats...I rescued a mother and 4 kittens...my daughter wanted to just love them up...she would try to sleep with them...well, in order for them to stay she would lay ON them...small children just don't understand that the can love a small animal to death......really...

I was thinking about breeding my older female...when I was asked by a friends daughter if she could buy one I apologized to her but, said no...she had a little girl that wasn't even walking yet. I don't think breeders are being mean to YOU...they just don't want to hear that one of their puppies were accidently killed by a young child. And, it can happen.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!