View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 07:15 AM   #1
katskratch
Yorkie Talker

Default Our puppy's first weekend home

After watching her grow for a couple months, we picked up Bikini Friday night. She whined a bit on the car ride home, but once she saw what she was in for, she loosened right up.

We introduced her to her crate by feeding a couple treats when she was inside it, and put a rather enviably soft pillow in too. Bedtime came, and I was expecting the worst. She whined for five minutes, then slept through the night! I got up at 3:30am to take her out, only to discover that neither one of us was too keen on the idea, so back to bed/crate we went. She slept right through til morning.

Last night, she didn't whine at all, and since I didn't hear any rustling during the night, I skipped the moonlight pee party. Once again, she slept right through.

Now we're at 48 hours, and she's only had ONE accident! She's gone outside on schedule every other time!

We have an ex-pen for her, but she whines when we leave the room. Today we're gonna work on that. I think we'll crate her when we leave instead of letting her loose in the pen, then go for a half-hour walk while he gets used to the idea of being alone for the first time ever.

Her whining can be a little unbearable. I guess the only way to fix that is to ignore her and introduce her to 'alone time.' Any other tips?

p.s. we love her
katskratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!