View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 08:58 AM   #14
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug
It was refridgerated, and it was only several days old, and it was the second time he had eaten out of that tray. He didn't get sick the first time, so maybe it spoiled after several days?

I never finished up this story, but later that night he was trembling so bad, he woke me up because the bed was shaking. I went into the kitchen and found blood and diarrhea all over the pee pad. There was more blood than stool. It was 5 am in the mornign and I rushed him to the emergency vet. Otis was severely dehydrated, had to get water under his skin, gave him some antidiarrea and antibacterial shots, and they wanted to keep him at the hospital. But I took him back home because I thought he would be a lot more comfortable w/ me at home. I made him tons of clear plain chicken broth to keep him hydrated. He's fine now. A little under the weather, but I took of the rest of the week to be with him.

I can't think of anything else it could be except the Cesar's.
POOR BABY !! Did they run any tests ? How old is he ? The blood in the stool would concern me but if they ran tests maybe it's just a bad case of diarrhea ? Poor little guy - I hope he feels better and if you think it IS the Ceasers maybe keep him off that for a while and see how he does ? Big hugs to Otis....
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!