View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 08:52 AM   #2
Rory's Ma
Yorkie Talker

Hi there Deegan's Mom, I'm Rory's Ma.

Being a recent new mom myself, my advice to you would be to have lots of patience. for the pup and yourself. And because we love them so much, that's not a problem.

The crate was not a problem for us, but I would continue to try to use it if I were you, it's very hand for travelling even. One thing I wish I had done when Rory was not trained was confine him to one room, (that the floors were easy to clean). I barricaded him in the kitchen for awhile but being the terrrier he is, he of course got out. But he never did or has since messed in the kitchen, where he spends most of his time with me. I was at one point thinking of getting a playpen and keeping him in that. My husband told me not to buy a gate, that he would make one, but of course that never happened. I got Rory 18th of December, so we started out potty training in the winter, not a good idea, but we have made progress, slowly but surely, and I know you will too. It just takes awhile, but don't underestimate him, these little fellas are really smart. Also, you have to remember that their insides are very small and they have to mature a bit to be able to hold on to go outside. I'd just take him right back out if he'd gone when he came inside. Just say no and then take him right outside again. He'll catch on, don't worry about that. He's still very young.

These little dogs are just the very best, I'm a cat person myself and have 3, but always wanted a little dog and I found the perfect little one to share our home with.
When I look into his dear little face I just melt. Good luck!! RM
Rory's Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!