View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 11:28 AM   #10
Lopsi
Donating YT 500 Club Member

All our crew sleeps with us.... However, there have been dogs (especially smaller puppies) who have died from being rolled over on and from sleeping under the covers. I've only heard of like 3 cases of this so far (I'm sure it's more common than just what I hear about though).

Although Pixie was sleeping with us before we knew better than that, and we can't change her. She absolutely will not sleep unless she's in our bed on HER pillow. Or curled up at my tummy. And then when we got Bogey, he gets on the bed sometimes and he sleeps on the floor by us sometimes. Once Angel learned about the bed, that's where she thinks she belongs.
When we had Baby Caddo though, we made him sleep in a cage because we were too worried about something happening to him. All mine now are adults. My husband kicks around and rolls over in his sleep, but he always feels before he starts moving too much - but the dogs all seem to know that I sleep perfectly still, and I usually have all 3 on me somewhere. I don't worry about that as long as I can feel them on me, because I know I'm not going to hurt them.

And when I went to visit my daughter, I barely slept since I didn't have my babies all over me.

I can't tell you what to do. I can tell you it's safer for a smaller dog to NOT be on the bed, but as a mom of 3 yorkies who sleep on the bed and I can't sleep without them either, the most I can say is be careful if you do.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!