View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 11:12 AM   #1
rmcook21
Yorkie Yakker

Cry Worst day ever...

So I haven't been on here a lot recently, because I go to college/work full-time. Well I just needed to share my story with fellow yorkie lovers as I am sure you will understand my broken heart. I am 21 years old, newly married, and waited 10 years to afford a yorkie. And now, my world is crashing down. Brooke has been having issues after getting shots...she acts very funny, and no one believed me because she would return to normal before I could get her to the vet. Well, yesterday I was home with her (mind you she didn't go to the vet for vaccines recently or anything) and I was listening to a voicemail on my cellphone. Next thing I know, Brooke starts barking uncontrolllably. All of a sudden, I look at her and her eyes are glazed over and its like her brain was elsewhere. She fell off the bed and starting clawing up the wall in the corner because she had lost her sight. She then took off into the kitchen slamming her head into everything while I tried to catch her. I was freaking at this point because she is like a child to me. She started slamming into everything in the kitchen and was squealing. She finally ended up behind the washer clawing up the wall again. All of sudden while I was watching her she just dropped and sat there staring forward bobbing her head up and down. It was the most heartbreaking thing I have ever witnessed. Brooke is ONLY 6 MONTHS OLD!! She stayed blind for a good fifteen minutes, but then eventually returned to normal. The vet told us she had a seizure and we go in MOnday for a blood panel. My mom agreed to help us pay for the vet care as we cannot afford Cat scans, EEGS, and a spinal fluid test. But I am going to get a second job if I have to to support her medical bills..i just love her that much..people think I am crazy..but if one of their children were ill I am sure they would feel different. So, please pray for us..I apologize for how long this is...I just had to vent! I will update monday when i know what is going on....thanks for your thoughts...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!