View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 08:25 AM   #12
AIM
Senior Yorkie Talker

Angel

We were lucky enough to find a healthy, happy yorkie who just turned 2 at a humane society so we only paid $125 for her, complete with shots, neutered, and free health insurance for a month. I feel like we missed out on her puppyhood a little bit, but she also did not require as much supervision or training as a puppy which is nice. If you don't mind an adult dog, you might want to consider looking at shelters and rescues, although you should beware that they can come with some behavioral and health problems. Also, any small dog, especially a purebred, is rare at shelters. I searched every shelter in Wisconsin online every day for a few months before they got Lucky in. They had posted her on their website and had 25 calls on her within the first half hour before they even opened. My husband and I took off of work immediately to go meet her and adopt her. Fortunately, we were the first ones there and the shelter really wanted us to have her. We were very lucky. Ironically, she came with the name "Lucky."
AIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!