View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 09:49 AM   #8
Mitzis Mom
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiegirl83 View Post
Hey all! My fiancee and I are getting married in just over a month in Nantucket. It's going to just be us, and WE'RE BRING THE PUPSTERS! That's right! We found a fabulous hotel that has a "woof hotel" section that allows dogs. It also has a fully fenced dog park, which is awesome and I've heard that a lot of the beaches are dog friendly. This is so exciting for us, because we were bummed about the thought of not being able to bring our furbabies with us to celebrate an important time for us.. I REALLY wanted them to be in pictures with us, and now they will be! What's even better is they can arrange for pet sitters and dog walkers too so when we need a bit of alone time, we'll know they're safe and I don't know about other people, but I feel so much safer and relaxed when I'm with my babies.

We're most likely setting up a large crate in the back of our Jeep Liberty for the ride down there. Do any of you have experiences w/long trips for dogs? This will be w/the ferry and drive down probably a 13 hour non stop trip. I'm planning frequent 3 hour stops for pottying and water.. is there anything else I should be doing? The hotel provides a basket of treats, beds, toys, and Nantucket bandannas *awe!!*.. I was going to bring food, more toys, and some outfits.

I really appreciate the advice. I need this weekend to be non chaotic and the dogs to be happy and relaxed. I can see where traveling w/4 would get way out of control quickly. Thank you!
First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! When we travel we bring a travel play pen along so we can put Mitzi in there when we have to leave her alone in the hotel room. This way we can be sure that she's not running out the door if somebody accidently opens it (even with the "do not disturb" sign outside the door.)
Mitzis Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!