Thread: TV and children
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 06:18 AM   #5
autumn star
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipersmommy View Post
I bought a TV for my son's 13th birthday many years ago. It ended us watching shows together. He was a great student also, so homework was always 1st. After he had one in his room, he hardly ever came out to watch with me. Plus back then they didn't have to where you could block stations. I caught him watching shows he shouldn't at that young age.
My son bought one for his daughter at 3, but they don't have it hooked up to cable. She can only watch Barney & Dora videos.
My sister still won't let her teenagers have one in their rooms. She said it would end family night. She took their PC's out of their rooms also, because they were abusing them on myspace.
I think it depends on how good the child is & how well they can be trusted not to abuse it.
Thats the thing...............I am not concerned about her abusing it at all. She is just not like that and she is well aware that if she ever did she would lose it from her room with a good chance of never having it returned. I would be shocked if she stood tucked away in her room by herself just watching it because she is one of those kids that likes to always be with someone. I just really dont know if I should or not!
autumn star is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!