View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 04:46 AM   #11
Baron
Senior Yorkie Talker

Yes, you will have some breeders doing that, but the ones that really care about their dogs do not play that game. I had a tiny that I was not sure if I should sell her or not, and if I was in it for the money I could of sold her for 2 or 3 thousand dollars, but to me it is much more important to have a good home than it is to get the most money. She was a year old when I finally gave in and sold her for 1000.00, she was 3 pounds, had already been chipped, had all shots, had been tested for liver problems (bile acid tests) had her legs checked, went with her own crate, toys, blanket and food. Could I have gotten more if I had advertised her for sale, I sure could of, but could I have been sure of a good home, probably not.

Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkies-Mom View Post
whenever you take ANY breed and starting charging $5000 for a puppy i promise you it will be the "it" dog! when we got out first rottie they were the dog to have and the prices were waaaaay up there,too. and now with the news doing stories on them people are just going to use that to justify charging even more for them! some people are all about the quick buck. and some people just want to be able to say "hey! i have one of those $$$$$ dogs!"
Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!