View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 07:24 PM   #1
pepe mint
YT 3000 Club Member

Angry AAAAAGHHHHHHHH....can I vent for a minute???

So, on the way to my daughters gymnastics tonight, we were driving down this very narrow, windy road near my house. I noticed a dog crossing the road and then I realized it was 4 puppies!!!!!!!!!! So i stopped...not sure why...but I stopped. 4 boxer mix puppies DUMPED on this road!!! I wanted to cry sooooo badly. People do this stuff around here all the time and it just breaks my heart.

I didn't put them in the car and immediately bring them home for a few reasons:

1. I was on the way to gymnastics and didn't want to leave 4 large puppies in the back seat of my car.

2. I had maggie and Trinity in the car and didn't want to risk them getting hurt.

3. I had no idea if the dogs had rabies or anything like that so didn't want them in the car with me and my child and dog.

So...I left after petting all of them and immediately called a friend of mine and asked her to go and get them and put them in my back yard. She agreed but when she got there, there was a lady in a large mercedes SUV with the dogs in the back of it. She gave her my name and phone number and told her that if she needed any help with the dogs or help finding them a home, to call me. Turns out, she lives in the subdivision next to me. She called me, we talked for a bit and agreed to meet this weekend in an effort to get some pictures of the puppies and post some ads and try and find them a good home. She is taking them all to the vet in the morning to get them shots and find out when they can be spayed and neutered (3 girls, 1 boy).

Oh...you will probably ask...YES...we did go to all of the houses in the area (there are only 2 houses on or near that road because it goes along the creek) and none of them claimed the dogs. So I am about 99% sure the poor pups were dumped.

I hope to get some pictures of them on Saturday and I will show them to you but I am just so mad about this. Those pups were BEAUTIFUL. they were all brindle with black faces and had boxer faces but you could tell they were mixed with something else. just not sure. they had HUGE paws and I would guess their ages to be about 3 months old.

UUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am so mad about this. that road is sooo narrow and extremely windy. I have seen many many snakes on that road and can't imagine why anyone would dump them there of all places. It is like they WANT them to get run over or something. I can't...for the life of me...figure out why people dump their dogs. It isn't THAT hard to find homes for a "free" mixed breed dog. I mean...seriously...at the very least...give them away. They were so beautiful and so sweet!!!! I am hoping to get with this nice lady and get them advertised this weekend. I wish I could bring them home but hubby would surely leave me over it. he would NEVER go for having 4 dogs outside....even temporarily.

but you know...this makes me want to start some kind of organization to fight this kind of stuff. but seriously, what can be done? I know there are rescues and humane societies but they always seem to be too full. I just dont think there is enough education out there. and the cost to spay and neuter keeps people from getting their dogs "fixed" which causes them to have countless number of pups...that in turn get dumped on the side of the road...if they are lucky. I just wish there was something I could do. I am so mad about this. and totally heartbroken.

I know this is very long, thanks for listening.....
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!