View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 12:30 PM   #13
menamc
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCHIE View Post
Melena, I am so sorry it did not work out for you.
Poor baby must have been so abused and didn't trust anyone.
Just a thought: Is it possible to visit the shelter, since it is so close to you,
and visit with the Yorkie daily for awhile and see if he will start to trust you?
Maybe bring him treats etc and hopefully he will start to look for you. Build
up trust between the two of you.
Those people should be hung for what they did to that poor baby.
How old was the dog?
Hi Archie,

Yes, we figured he had some really bad trust issues. We just didn't know how to fix the growling/biting.

We have talked about getting him back, if he can be fixed. But, we are afraid that if we do bring him back, it will 'reset' him, thus making us have to give him up again, and I absolutely cannot do that.

Therefore, even though what you suggested is a wonderful idea, I am afraid that it won't work, and even if it does, that if I bring him back home, he'll act the same way. He's got to have some serious, serious work done with him. And I didn't know how.

Also, he could already be gone from the shelter. I don't think so, for I think Shirley would have called, but still.

He did trust us, to an extent. I could even pet him while he was eating. He would let me pick him up off the ground, etc. But, there were times when I would pet him, that he would duck his head, as if he was afraid I was going to hit him.

What I feel like happened to this baby, is that he was abused every day of his life, and his only defense was to bite, growl, etc. Therefore, he was afraid we were doing the same. And, as I said, he did come to trust us to a certain extent, but we couldn't break him of the worst.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. It really means alot to me right now. I'm just trying to make it through the day without crying. I've put up everything that was his, so that I don't see it, and breakdown. I would post some of the MANY pictures I have, (for I am a scrapper, and have tons!), but I just can't right now.

~Melena
menamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!