View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 11:59 AM   #7
menamc
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazou View Post
Maybe you should wait for a while before having another one .
While I see what you're saying, and appreciate your input, I have been told by numerous people that the best thing to do in our situation is to get another. We did everything right by this baby, only trying to help him. As my husband has sai, he chose to leave. We weren't doing him any favors by keeping him here, for we could not fix him, even though we tried so, so hard. We only had him less than two months, but I feel as if it were longer than that. I know another baby could never replace him, and the way that I loved him, but, what I'm hoping is that I can find a baby that is not dominant as Ras was, and wasn't as badly abused. As I sit here typing, I am so sad that we couldn't fix him. I think of all the things we could have done, should have done, and yet, I know the bottom line is, we aren't equipped to fix a dog with issues like Rascal had. The only comfort I have right now is knowing that he is not going to be put to sleep, and knowing that someday, I will have another baby.

What's killing me, is he's just down the road, at the shelter. I so want to go get him, and bring him home.

~Melena
menamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!