View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 09:40 PM   #1
MyTrixie143
Mom to 6 Beautiful Furkids

Confused Need advice/suggestions on which clippers to buy, please help!!!

Currently I have two clippers. One is a Wahl and the other is an Andis. I was really disapointed with the Andis, it worked great with cutting the yorkie's and maltese hair but it woulden't cut my cocker spaniel's hair at all. The Wahl one works alright, it cuts her hair, but the motor isn't as powerful and it gets heated up really fast. It usually takes me about 2 hours to cut her hair with this clipper when it should only take 15 minutes.

So I am in the market for a new clipper, one that will cut through heavy and long coats without getting overheated, so I guess a clipper that is more heavy duty and cuts through thick hair fast and easily. I don't ask for much do I, lol?
I don't want to pay too much for one right now (but I do plan to get a more expensive one later on, just not now).
So does anyone have any suggestions or clippers that you would suggest?

Do I need one that is faster or what that is considered heavy duty??

I have found a few that sound alright.
Please tell me if you have heard of any of them or used them and if they will do the job I need them for.

I would really appreciate any and all help, please!!!

Alright, first one is Oster's Protege clipper.

Protege™ Clipper
Strokes per minute: 3700
Single speed, ergonomically designed clipper with a soft rubber grip. Lightweight for comfort. Comes with size 10 detachable blade (compatible with all A5 blades), lubricating oil, cleaning brush and blade guards.
Strokes/min: 3700
Groomer: Novice and Professional
All breeds of dogs and cats
One speed clipper for heavier coat types and pets not regularly maintained
Price:$98.95

Second one is...
Oster® Turbo A5® Single-Speed Clipper

Increased blade speed coupled with the new CryoTech™ Blades make the Turbo A5® clippers more efficient than ever. The 7-1 gear ratio provides for more powerful clipping. They give you both comfort and versatility with the powerful, cooler-running Universal motor, detachable blade system & single or 2-speed versions. They are more powerful and faster running. Each clipper comes with an improved size 10 CryoTech™ blade, clipper grease, lubricating oil and cleaning brush. Warranty: 1 year.

Strokes per Minute: over 3,100.
Handpiece Weight: 1.94lbs (including blade).
Handpiece Length: 7 1/2" (including blade).
Break-resistant housing.
Price:$118.97

This one sounds nice but heavier to hold and with bad wrists I am not sure if this would work for me, I don't know??

3rd one is...

Performax™ 2 Speed Clipper

(Oster) Features a contoured shape, easy grip and lightweight construction. Strong enough to handle the toughest jobs with ease. Maximum speed for precise smooth results at up to 4000 strokes per minute. Detachable blade system for versatility and accepts most all standard A5 blades.
Kit includes: clipper, clipper guard, #10 detachable blade, cleaning brush, and blade oil.

Strokes/min: 4200
Groomer: Novice and Professional
All breeds of dogs and cats
Two speed clipper for heavier coat types and pets not regularly maintained
Price: On sale for $105.60

4th one is...
Oster A5® Golden Heavy Duty Single Speed Clipper

Strokes per minute: 2,100
Smooth, quiet, reliable and cool-running. Rugged enough for all types of dog, horse and cattle grooming. Utilizes a detachable blade system for increased versatility and has 16 blade sizes to choose from (sold separately). Double insulated and driven by a geared universal motor that's built to last. UL approved. Comes with blade, blade guard, blade oil and grease, cleaning brush, extra brush and spring assembly and 12' insulated cord. Choose from size 10 or size 50 blade. Color: Hunter Green.
Price:$106.49

Keep in mind that my cocker spaniel has a thick long coat. Yet I don't have to have the best one, just one that will do the job. I really like the first one but I am still not sure.
More on the next post...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clipper 1.jpg (34.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg clipper 2.jpg (26.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg clipper 3.jpg (36.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg clipper 4.jpg (32.4 KB, 1 views)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!