View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 10:40 AM   #1
squidge
Yorkie Talker

Default Health question - Searching for answers!!

My little boy - Rolly, has had a complaint since thursday night, he was at the vets on Friday & was given antibiotics & another appointment for Friday 18th.

I thought i would see if anyone else has had a similar problem as he has.

I noticed a bit of blood on his bed, when i lifted rolly there was a bit of blood on his boy bits (if you know what i mean) I thought he had cut it some how so had a close look. It was coming from inside!! i was scared, so kept an eye on him. When he went for his nightly walkies i watched what he was peeing. it was pure blood, followed by bloody pee. I was really scared, but we dont have 24/7 vet cover where we live so first thing the next day we phoned the vet to get an emergency appointment.

The vet doesnt think he has a infection on his kidneys or bladder, they think its coming from somewhere between the entrance & the bladder enterance. They gave us antibiotics & gave us another appointment.

Since then he hasnt improved, i am really worried whats causing it. when he barks or gets excited or when he is curled up sleeping he loses blood from his bits, he is bleeding clots & still got blood in his pee.

Have anyone else had a problem like this with there male yorkies????

Any advice would be really appriciated.
squidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!