View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 09:21 AM   #7
Sukoshi's Mom
I Love My Rugrats
Donating Member

Animal Smiley 019

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmomma View Post
Molly feels so much better!! She should be about 4lbs but the vet said if we could get to even 5lbs. I feel bad I let her get overweight I fed her mighty dog on top of her dry and some treats between, she loves to eat. She didn't seem terribly overweight to me but I should have been better about weighing her. She also takes medicine to give her better air exchange.
I know what you mean about her not seeming overweight to you. I've been wondering if Sukoshi is a little on the plump side, even though she was only 3 pounds, 4 ounces. I just remember the vet telling me when I got her that I should always be able to slightly feel her ribs, and that's not so easy anymore. So, instead of giving her unlimited amounts of food a couple times a day, I'm now only giving her 1/8 cup at each of her two meals. That seems like practically NO food at all, but I confirmed all this with the vet last Friday, and he said I was right to be doing it, and that she does need to lose weight. She's down to 3 pounds, 1 ounce now, and he said she'd still a bit plump. My Yorkie book says that these dogs are RARELY UNDERfed though...that they're normally OVERfed, which causes health problems later on. I keep telling myself that I'm doing this for her own good, but she seems too small to be on a diet...she just has a belly is all !

I hope Molly keeps it up! Sounds like she has a little more to go.
</IMG>
Sukoshi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!