View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #4
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

I have been battling the same thing with Roxy. Starting in Jan. Roxy started to itch all the time. I checked her skin and it just seemed really dry, she had some dry flakes too. I started to bath her in a medicated shampoo (Eqyss - Micro Teck - Medicated) - Well this didn't help at all.

Then about 4 weeks ago, I noticed she a couple of pipples by her pee area, so I bought a different Shampoo (Espree - Alo Oatbath Medicated). I started to wash her private areas every monring and night, I shaved down that hair, and took away the fleece blanket that she sleeps with. Also, I have changed her food, and I've added fish oil, coconut oil, olive oil.

Some of the little pipples just go away after a few days, but there have been at least five that grew bigger and formed like a blister, than the scab would fall off and left a very faint dark spot and flake skin.

I don't know what is going on. I finally have a Vet appt. this Saturday. I was reading that maybe it is her urine that is causing the irritation. I am going to try and bring a pee sample when we go.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!