View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 08:59 PM   #9
BabyGirlYorkie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucynfred
Sentinel is a tablet you give your pet once a month to prevent flea, tick, worm and heartworm problems. And it's meat flavored -- tiny pill. My pets somehow manage to not get fleas with or without a specific flea medication, and they are out in the yard, the park, etc. I have skipped from using Frontline/Advantix and Heartguard to just the Sentinel. (I hate that ooky spot). Also, yorkie hair/skin is different from dogs that shed, and if you bathe the yorkie often, it can cut down on the effectiveness of the spot treatments. I used to wait at least a week before giving a bath when I used it.

I also vacuum often. And garlic helps keep them off you.
Ahhh BINGO! That must be what I did wrong. I bathed her too soon after the application! When I buy Frontline, I buy a single dose from the vet and it doesn't come with instructions! That was an important detail...hmm wonder why they didn't tell me that! ha ha But, I am like you, I don't like the goopy spot stuff. She really eats good and her hair is naturally a little on the oily side, so I bathe once to twice a week. I think your idea of buying Sentinel may be a good alternative. However, I will need to check the price here in Iowa, 50 bucks is a lot for us. Thanks so much for your post :-)

Annie and Tinkie
BabyGirlYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!