View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 10:34 AM   #5
Dunkaroo
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntBee View Post
We used to use the Advantage all the time, but it only kills fleas, not ticks. The new Advantix kills fleas too, but you can't use it on puppies younger than 12 weeks. Not long ago, our vet recommended FrontLine Plus. She said the chemicals in it are fipronil and methoprene, which she says are not as harsh as the permethrin? in BioSpot & Advantix.

It is a bit more pricey - but it really, really works on ticks and fleas both. Also, we bought some FrontLine liquid stuff for ear mites that can be used on dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens. We've been pretty happy with the FrontLine so far. Since we live way out in the country and are surrounded by woods, we needed something that really worked hard - and so far, we have no complaints whatsoever about the Frontline Plus. It doesn't leave a bad smell, no "greasy" looking or feeling spot, and it's waterproof too. Hope this helps.
Hi! Thanks for the info. Yeah, I live in California (San Francisco) so we really don't have a tick problem, unless I take him camping in the woods. Advantage works. I will try the Frontline when were finished with our Advantage.

Thank you!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!