View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 01:30 AM   #1
Meggie
YT 500 Club Member

Default Advice please for my puppy

I'd welcome your advice please?

My puppy is 12 weeks old, she weighs 2lb 2oz.
Yesterday tea time she began to have diarrhea, twice last night then 3 times this morning, very loose, no blood. I haven't changed her food, she's on Beta puppy with a little chicken or scrambled egg.
Being very worried, I rang my vet this morning but they can't give me an appointment till tomorrow afternoon! Even when i explained how small & young she is, they were adamant, no vacancies.

The woman who i spoke to, think she was the receptionist, then told me to withold all food for 24 hours. I know this is the routine with bigger dogs, I have other dogs, bigger breed beside my yorkies, but I am greatly concerned at the thought of not giving her anything but water with her being so small, & young, she has no spare flesh to lose. I did try to impress this on the person, but she just kept repeating no food.

Is this right for such a young, small puppy, do you think I've been advised well? I really don't know what to do & am not happy with it, what would you do? Please could you advise me, I'm very concerned.
Meggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!