View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 01:38 PM   #27
stedmansmommy
I Love My Lil' Punkin's
Donating Member

Oh Amber I am so, so sorry about the loss of your mom's Schnauzer I know how you all feel as I have been there before with my Cocker Spaniel that we lost last year. She was also almost nearly blind, was completely deaf, had arthritis, and Cancer as well...which is what ended up taking her precious life in the end. Broke my heart into a million and one pieces.

And girl, I know this may be really hard to hear now, but just think - in the end you guys didn't have to make the hard and painful decision to put him to sleep. Maybe God just didn't want you to have to make the decision to say "yes" - so he just decided that it was time to call him home Sometimes things like this just happen for a reason, maybe because it's easier on us in the end without us even knowing it? Not that I am by ANY means glad that my baby is gone (Cocker Spaniel) but I tell you, even though I might have known that it would be best for her, having to give my permission - having to say "yes" to put her to sleep would have just KILLED ME. I honestly started shaking and burst into tears when our vet told me that it may come down to me having to make that painful decision. I told him that I just honestly didn't know if I could make a decision like that. To me, it would almost seem as though I was just giving up on her Even though I know in my heart that-that wouldn't be the case. But I'm sure you understand what I am saying. And again, not that I am glad that she is gone because I would give ANYTHING in the WORLD to still have her here with us - but God called her home in his own time at the beginning of last year. I am just personally SO very thankful that I never have to make "the decision" - because I truly don't know that I could handle being put in a situation like that.

Anyway, I just wanted to write and say that I share both you and your mothers pain as I have been there and completely know how it feels. God Bless you both, and the sweet little boy that you guys lost as well. I am thinking about you guys

They have us wrapped around their little paws!

Last edited by stedmansmommy; 05-14-2007 at 01:40 PM.
stedmansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!