Thread: Karma's story
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 04:46 AM   #1
puppylove17
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Rose Karma's story

I took one of my dogs to the vet last week. The girl that works there told me I needed to adopt a dog they had just got in. She is a yellow labrador retriever. The previous owner had brought her in and wanted her PTS. When asked why - he said - in a disgusted tone as if it should be obvious - are you ready for this???
"Because she is pregnant!!" I was soooooooo shocked that someone would do that! I went back - took one look at her beautiful brown eyes and she had a new home instead.
Fast forward to the week-end. She delivered her pups! They are purebred labs as she had mated with a black lab. She gave birth to 14 puppies!!!
No that was not a typo - I will repeat - fourteen - 14!!!!!!!!!
She is 5 years old and this is her first litter. She is just the sweetest dog - I still can't believe anyone would put a dog down for that reason.
Anyway, I am happy to have her - puppies and all and I know I won't have any trouble finding homes for the puppies as I have already had several people telling me they would like to have one of them.
She has 8 yellow pups and 6 black ones. They are all beautiful.
Her name was not Karma when I got her but sounded similar and I didn't want to alter it to much but thought a slight adjustment to it would be okay.
Anyway, some folks might think I am off my rocker for taking on this challenge and maybe I am but the way I see it I had the opportunity to save 15 dogs in one swoop so that is what I did.
I lost my husband in March after a long illness and my dogs have been such a comfort to me since in that when I hit those hours when I think I just can't go on I am reminded that I have them to care for and have to keep on keeping on.
Sorry this is long but wanted to share the newest additions to the family.
I will post pics when I get my camera charged up again.
puppylove17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!