View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 10:08 AM   #1
Henry's mom
Yorkie Yakker

Omg Seizures R/T Toxin Ingestion

I am sorry to report that Henry (the Oprah star) almost dies last week. He ingested some toxic substance and developed neurological symptoms over the course of a few hours, and then began to seize. He was given a very poor prognosis with likely permanent damage if he survived. I opted for aggressive care...he was at an emergency hopsital the first night and the next day I took him to the Univ Vet Hospital. It took 48 hours of intensive vet care to get the seizures to stop and for him to start being responsive. Finally he came around and is almost back to his old self a week later. I notice only a higher startle reflex and perhaps a little slowness at times, as if he has to concentrate to figure something out. Other than that, he is neurologically intact and his organs are all functioning well. It is an absolute miracle--none of his doctors can believe that he not only survived but is in as good of condition as he is.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Do you notice anything different about your baby post continuous, protracted seizing?

Happy Mother's Day to everyone! I am sure our Yorkies are giving us extra love today. It is exactly a year since Henry came into my life. I am so blessed to have him.
Henry's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!