View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 02:39 PM   #4
Higgin's Mom
YT 500 Club Member

We are staying an a really lovely RV park here in Florida. However, because of the devastating hurricanes in Florida this year, FEMA, the government agency, rented about 20 campsites and put 32' camping trailers on them. They are now occupied by people who "lost" their homes. They will stay in these brand new trailers at this top notch park (with heated swimming pool, spa, cable TV, and other amenities) for 18 months at taxpayer expense (we are paying $550 a month for our campsite)! And let me tell you, since most of these people are on welfare and unemployed and have never had such lovely living quarters, they are in no hurry to move and most are thrilled to be here. Most are also very nice and tidy and very enjoyable.

However, there are a few that are not so nice. Last week the police were called when a man living in a FEMA trailer, in full view of his children and other guests here, beat the family puppy with a CLAW HAMMER because it was barking! The puppy is now in custody of animal control's vet and will live, but is seriously injured. The man was handcuffed and taken off to jail. I don't know if he's back here yet, but I sure hope he is OUTTA HERE! I didn't witness this, thank God, because I probably would have attacked him then and there and he would have killed me.......

Last edited by Higgin's Mom; 01-19-2005 at 02:42 PM.
Higgin's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!