View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 03:10 PM   #3
Dunkaroo
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1985 View Post
I'm not a real expert in this either, but this month I didn't have time to go to the vet so I bought Hartz 3 in 1 (ticks, fleas, mosquitos) and used that instead. However, afterwards I read that it is a very harsh pesticide and not as safe as frontline or advantage. I've been researching and these seem to be the best, safest two brands. I think I am going to go with Advantage because it repels and kills.

All flea and tick medications are pesticides and I don't think any of them are really GOOD for our babies, but I think the benefits outweigh the risks, particularly because I live by a lot of wooded trails and lakes and there are lots of ugly nasty ticks (I found one on Ralfie before I medicated him). While there are natural methods like putting certain oils in their shampoo or pouring rosemary on them, I feel that medicating him is the most effective way to go.... but if I'm wrong please feel free to disagree- this is just what I have found so far
Yeah, it made Dunks' hair where I placed the medication kinda oily, so I am not going to use it again on him. I threw it out already and ordered him a 10 month supply for $ 26.00 from Ebay. Great deal!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!