View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 07:20 PM   #1
SissaYSU
Senior Yorkie Talker

Omg It's official...

I had posted a thread on Tuesday night about the chance I wasn't going to graduate because of a math class and I had a meeting that next morning.
Got no sleep at all the night before. I had spent most of the night crying because not graduating was a very real possibility and it was devastating. I kept waking up during the night and woke up nauseas at 7am. I got dressed, gathered myself together and headed off to meet with my professor.
I walked in to his office literally shaking and he looked up with this look on his face that I couldn't interpret. Then, he smiled and goes "congratulations...you're graduating!" and the tears started. It's been six years. Six long years. Nobody thought I could do it. My mother has MS and has been hospitalized several times. My dad had a stroke. I have my medical condition and two learning disabilities (ADD and math dyslexia). Nobody saw me graduating highschool...let alone college. Except my family. When he told me I was graduating, it was like six years of stress had finally been lifted off of my shoulders.
He asked if I wanted to see my grade and I said it was OK...I just needed to know if I was going to graduate. He shook his head and said he wanted me to get more good news.
Get ready for this...
I had expected a D (I actually kept tally of the questions I knew as I took the test and it came out to a D)...
AND GOT AN A!
I attribute it to either (a) I am seriously talented when it comes to lucky guessing or (b) I really knew more stuff than I gave myself credit.
With that grade on my final...my grade came out to a low B (it was a low C...I needed a C in that class to graduate and with an expected D on my final would've given me a D in the class therefore no graduation).
The tears started coming again. When I left, I called my mom crying...she thought something was wrong...I told her and she was just about as thrilled and proud as I was. I went back to my dorm with tears going down my cheeks...but not because I was upset...they were the happiest tears ever which was evident by the huge grin on my face and the extra bounce in my step.
May 19...I will be accomplishing what most deemed impossible...I'M GOING TO BE A COLLEGE GRADUATE!!! I'm finally getting that photo of me and my diploma! :-D
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!