Thread: What to do???
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 08:19 AM   #7
jeanief
YT Addict

Congrats, becareful not to over worm the pups or start to young. My wormer says 2 wks, 4 wks, 6 wks but I would never do it that much or that young. I worm the first time at 4 wks. You could also bring in a stool sample at 4-5 weeks to see if there is any worms to treat. Also many vets are saying now that first shots should be given later than 6 wks. I usually start at 7wks and then 3 wks after that to 3 times total. Try not to worm and give shots at the same time to over load their systems. I do not use Lepto or corona in my puppy shots. I have heard from many people that yorkies can have a a hard time with the lepto and corona doesn't work. Lots of new info about when to start vaccines on the internet and about lepto and corona for yorkies. My deposits are non-refundable. $700 is low in my opinion for a female if they are nice , but it's really what you feel comfortable with. I price my pups at 7 wks after their vet check. Then I will show them to people and take deposits. Pups change so much that I like to wait until they are aprox 7 wks and have been weaned so mom doesn't have a fit with new people holding her pups.
jeanief is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!