View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 06:15 AM   #1
my2boyz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Cry A very bad day...

I know this is hard to read but I'm posting this with the hope that it will make people think. I've read several messages where people leave their dog in the car 'for just a minute' and I think the biggest fear is that the dog will die of heat exhaustion or be stolen but, believe me, alot can happen in a minute.....

Tuesday evening our DIL's mother took some things out to the hospital to her brother and like she always does she took her 3 year old Boston Terrier along for the ride. She left the window down so he could have fresh air and planned only to be gone for a couple of minutes. When she returned to the car he was gone and nowhere to be found. Our DIL got some friends and they searched for several hours with no luck...her Mom went out again later that night but still no luck. Our DIL left for work Wednesday morning and has to take the Interstate exit by the hospital and that's when she saw him but it was too late, he had been hit and he was gone. They took him to her Mom's house and buried him in the back yard with a yellow rose planted on his grave. Her Mom is really having a hard time with this, she feels so guilty...our DIL was the breeder of the Boston and it was her birthday yesterday.

Please be careful with your babies...heat and theft aren't the only threats to them when they're left 'for just a minute'.
my2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!