View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 08:29 PM   #11
YorkieShadow
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkieluv View Post
Oh gosh, I wish poor Mickey would get better...Did they test to see what kind of crystals they are?
One thing that I have started for Miko is: half an organic celery stalk juiced or blended, whatever you can do. It has really helped him pass the stones that he already had in his bladder, and it's very good for urinary tract health no matter what kind of stones/crystals the dog might have. If he doesn't like the juiced celery taste, add a little lowfat organic yogurt to it. Whatever flavor you want. We use Stonyfield organic plain or vanilla. And add water to the celery to get him to drink more water.
We saw immediate results with it, and I know several people whose yorkies have/have had bladder stones that do this and have seen great improvement.
Also, make sure he's getting enough water. With stones/crystals, the urine should be diluted as much as possible, so if your baby eats dry food. Make sure you give equal parts water with equal parts food. You can put the water in the dry food, let it soak, and then serve. Also you can give him snacks like watermelon which have very high moisture content.
I'll be praying for little Mickey! Please keep us updated on his condition...
They told me not to feed him anything but the prescription can food, they gave me two different kinds, but he wont even touch it, hes just in to much pain.hes taking his meds two times a day and now baby asprin.and i know even thats not good on an empty tummy, hes still drinking water, but whats going to happen when his bladder is full again cause he cant pee, hes seen two different vets and been to the er vet hospital three times now, and the vet bills are racking up and they still havent done any thing to help him. now hes got the poops real bad and I dont know what to do. please keep praying for him.
YorkieShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!