View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 02:23 PM   #1
loz
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Cry Remembering Jazzy

Jazzy (Jasmine) born 10th June 1997 - died 28th December 2006.

This is my first posting since Jazzy died.

Today I saw a miniature yorkie who looked just like Jazzy. This yorkie was a boy though and his head was bigger than Jazzy's but the body and tail was the same. I stroked the little dog and talked to his owner. His dog was lead trained. Jazzy wasn't. I adopted her when she was just under 2 yrs old. I tried for 2 years to get her used to a lead but she wasn't having it!

Because I had a young boy I had a pushchair. Jazzy used to sit underneath in the little basket. She loved this. Her beautiful face used to peek out and when she was ready to walk she used to raise her front legs to tell me to lift her out so she could walk.

She used to follow my black trousers. One day I remember she started to follow someone else because they had black trousers on! I thought this was funny. This was quite recent actually before she died.

Taking Jazzy to the park, she liked to be carried until half way round the park. I'd put her down and she would 'go for it' - presumably wanting to race back to the car!! She'd often look round at me as if she wanted me to run too!

I miss her so much. It hurts.
Every night when I'm in bed I say 'goodnight Jazzy' before I go to sleep as used to say this to her.
I cuddle up to a big teddy bear as she used to sit on this and it smells of her.
The smell is fading now though.

I've kept some of her hair as it was a beautiful blonde, brown, grey, black colour.

Jazzy died of kidney failure - it happened over Xmas and she deteriorated so quickly. I took her down to PDSA at 11am on 28.12.06 expecting a urine infection treatment of tablets and anti-bio's after going on a drip. At 4.30 pm I was told her blood tests were'nt good and there was nothing they could do and euthanasia was the only option to avoid suffering. She died in my arms that day. She didn't suffer. I had to make a decision. If I had taken her back home she would have suffered as her kidneys had failed.

Why do I feel guilty? It all happened so quickly. It broke my heart.

I had 30 mins with her cuddling her and telling her I loved her and I was sorry but nothing could be done. Then she was given the injection into the same drip in her leg. She passed away very quickly after the injection.
I was devastated! Brought her home and wrapped her in a towel and cuddled her before burying her in garden (ex buried her as I was too weak).

I was coping ok until today when I saw that small yorkie who looked like her. I just wish she was still with me.

I will attach a photo of her tomorrow.

(I love all yorkies!)

Lorraine.

x
loz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!