View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 08:19 PM   #8
My girl Lulu
Yorkie Yakker

Do you think breeding to produce this dangerous dog was a good idea? The Lhasa or any crosses of the Lhasa have to be carefully bred and reared as they are known biters and I mean to draw blood and do as much damage as they can. they are not for every family and definitely not the breed of choice for the family who has him.[/QUOTE]

I became a member here because I wanted to learn about and become apart of people who love this breed as much as I do. But I have to voice my opinion regarding what is being said here. I grew up with a Lhasa mix who was the most wonderful dog I have ever had, and she got along with everyone and everything, never had a problem. Her groomer loves her and says she loves having her and she is one of the best behaved. I do not make the statement that I work around dogs or animals on a daily bases like I am guessing you do, but the statement above I think is a little harsh. You have to admit that you learn from your surroundings and so do our animals. To make the statement that they draw blood and do as much damage as they can is saying that they are ALL wild and can not be tamed. How can you say that?? I really don't understand. How would you feel if that was said about your/our favorite breed?? Would you feel that, that was a correct statement or just a bad apple??? Don't you think you may have over reacted in your statement?
I guess I am just having a hard time believing someone who seems to love animals so much could talk that way.
By the way if the Lhasa you are speaking of gives you such a hard time...why groom it anymore?
Thank you for letting me have my opinion too!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!