View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 06:49 PM   #7
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

1. Can't get it housebroken and don't have time for it anyway.
2. New baby and don't have time for it.
3. Had him for a week and it isnt' working out; way more work than I thought.
4. Barks
5. Got a new boyfriend (or girlfriend) dog has to go because we wont' have time for it.
6. Owner died no one in the family wants it.
7. Developed allergies.
The above were all Yorkies that I helped the owners find homes for or a rescue group that could help, and in some cases took in myself and kept because they were too old, no one wanted them. The rest I was able to find a new home. Most paid a good price for these dogs when they bought them as puppies.
Price is not going to guarantee a good home or a forever home.
That's where the dedication of breeders comes in where the breeder is willing to take back any dog or puppy they sell no matter the reason it comes back.
I don't believe I know of any mixed breed breeder willing to do that.
I do know not all purebred show breeders don't either but many, including me, do. And I end up rescuing dogs I never sold in the first place.
About 95% of my mobile dog grooming clients are mixed small breeds. Many have health problems from allergies to knee problems and very few have a proper scissor or even a reverse scissor bite. Instead they are grossly undershot with the bottom jaw jutting forward from the top jaw by as much as just shy of 1/2 inch. The coats in coated mixes are nightmares, they are not the coat of one breed or another but combinations and very hard to groom or make it look like something.
Right now I am nursing a badly injured left hand from a bad dog bite, a grooming client, Lhasa Apso likely a cross, not registered bought at a flea market. DOg is downright dangerous and I have a feeling they are going to have to put him down as he is biting the family and cannot ever be trusted.
Do you think breeding to produce this dangerous dog was a good idea? The Lhasa or any crosses of the Lhasa have to be carefully bred and reared as they are known biters and I mean to draw blood and do as much damage as they can. they are not for every family and definitely not the breed of choice for the family who has him.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!