View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 06:07 PM   #8
AprilLove
My Three Hearts
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie Bud View Post
Hi everyone,

I recently got my puppy, Sadie, almost two weeks ago. She is turning 11 weeks this upcoming weekend.

For the first week that we had her, she was a doll. She was calm, submissive, and played very nicely. She would lie on her back, and we would scratch her belly...all was great fun. She also learned how to sit last week.

This past week, she has turned into a little terror. She started learning how to bark, whine, and squawk like an awful sounding parrot. Then, she started biting us. I can kind of tell she's playing with us because her tail is wagging (to the right), and her mouth is open, kind of like a smile. But her biting is getting excessive. We have tried "NO!" and ignore methods. We've also tried "OW!" and leaving the room until she calms down. Yesterday night, she grabbed onto my foot and would not let go. I have scratch and teeth marks on both of my hands and feet. We have avoided locking her up in the crate and cage for fear that she will think it is punishment everytime we put her there, and we want her to like being caged up for her safey when we are cleaning or running errands.

Does anyone have any advice on why she is being a little beast?

Thanks

LOL!!! I am not laughing at you just at the situation. I know you don't think so now, but this will pass. As long as you let her know it is not acceptable by saying "ow" and ignoring or "no bite", she WILL get it. She is still a very young puppy and this is what they do. My AprilLove was EXACTLY like this that is why I was chuckling, she grew out of it. It is a puppy thing. Man, they grow up so fast! Seems like only yesterday she had her terrible twos!!! Try giving her a chew toy anytime she does it.

PS, the squaking like an awful sounding parrot made me laugh out loud,, because AprilLove did the same thing, I thought "Oh my gosh, what have I gotten myself into!!!" lol This also passed. Once they are comfortable in their new surroundings, and they learn that this is their home, they get better, really. It will take time, and patience, but the reward is worth it.
AprilLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!