View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 08:09 AM   #10
Sashipam
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Jake's doing much better

I tried to chat last night, and kept getting bumped off...Jake is doing well.
We went to all our appts over the weekend and they put him in a better brace. It goes over his head now. He seems good with it. He's more alert.
They gave him some anti inflammatory meds and some small pain meds.
He took a few steps on Sunday for the first time, but the docts say to keep him crated so he won't keep trying to walk, and let it heal. They are thinking 2 months in the brace. They are hopeful for his recovery, but they say they just are not sure. He has really improved and it's only been 12 days.

We go back to the hospital every 10-12 days to get the brace re-done and get him checked out. We have a long road ahead and we have to do everything for him...but are up to it. We love are little guy so much. He's part of the family. Well, you know. I tried to get on your website, but I couldn't....I will try again later. Maybe I am typing something in wrong.

I am hoping that the choice of not doing surgery is the right one. I mentioned over the phone all the things you told me. They said he is not the worst case of this injury and were he is so small (5lbs) they just keep telling me it's not a good idea. So we'll let him heal and see how it goes. The long jumping is over for him. He thinks he superdog.

Thank you again for all your info, it was so helpful. Very grateful and hope to hear from you.
Sashipam is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!