View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 06:27 PM   #3
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukoshi's Mom View Post
I'm new here, and this is my very first post to YorkieTalk...so let me start by saying "Hi" to all you Yorkie lovers out there! I got my Yorkie from the same breeder who was robbed at gunpoint in LA (read Black Widow's posting above), and the breeder and her family were such great people that I hope these guys get some sort of punishment for what they did! I'm not sure where they are getting the $2500 price for the puppies that I've seen quoted in all the newspaper stories I've read about this, since I have never seen any of her puppies listed for that much (or even close to it really...and mine is AKC registered, which I think normally costs a little more), but let's hope they have the rest of their facts right, and that they DO have enough evidence to get these guys for something. The breeder, Kelly, even sent me home with a bag of "goodies" for my new baby - including food, toys, treats, Nutri-Cal, potty pads, etc., which I thought was over and above what she had to do for us (is that typical to get a "goody bag" from the breeder?) They did NOT deserve to have something that frightening happen to them...even if they DID get the puppies back in the long run!

Now...to introduce Sukoshi to you! This is the first puppy I've ever had AND my first Yorkie. Sukoshi (pronounced Sko-she, with a long o and long e) is really just a little skosh of a thing...weighing in at 3 pounds, 4 ounces at 8 months old. Her name is Japanese for "little". I brought her home on December 1, and she's definitely the love of my life (well...except for my husband, I guess ). Since I've never had a Yorkie or a puppy before (only older dogs rescued from the pound), I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun reading what you wiser, more experienced owners have to say out there. So...I look forward to "chatting" with you more in the future!

Glad that you got your puppy, and oh so glad that they are prosecuting these guys.

But, there is a lesson learned here. Advertising your yorkies in the Newspaper and/or internet, with your price, especially in a Metroplis like L.A. only puts ideas in the already criminal mind and makes you vulnerable to those criminals that are out for a fast buck.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!