View Single Post
Old 01-18-2005, 11:21 PM   #1
fasteddie
YT 6000 Club Member

Default [News] New Yorkie Friend Helps Ease The Pain

A MUM who watched in horror with her two young daughters as their beloved pet dog was mauled to death by another dog has told the Guardian how they are moving on with the help of a new friend.

Linda Hudson and her two daughters Jessica, eight, and Kerry, nine, watched in horror as their Yorkshire terrier Purdy was killed by a Staffordshire terrier while they were out walking around the Higham Hill recreation ground, Walthamstow, last August.

Both girls were very distressed by the attack and Jessica suffered repeated nightmares.

Ms Hudson felt the time was right to buy a new pet for the family and has obtained Chad, a male dog of the same breed.

She said: "Rather than bang our heads against the wall and sit around waiting for reasons, I thought it was time to get on with our lives.

"I've recently given up smoking so I have some extra money dogs aren't cheap.

"The girls are really happy and have really taken to him, but we couldn't replace our Purdy.

"I would like to thank everyone at Oak Hill Veterinary Surgery, Woodford Green. They were absolutely fantastic. They looked after Purdy for us and took care of the burial."

The park was full of children when the attack took place and Ms Hudson was covered in blood after trying to stop the bull terrier from killing her pet.

A Higham Hill resident claimed at the time that the same dog had also killed her cat.

The owner of the dog involved told the Guardian at the time that the dog had been put down.

http://www.walthamforestguardian.co....e_the_pain.php
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newfriend.jpg (46.8 KB, 63 views)
fasteddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!