View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 09:50 AM   #19
PattyJae
Yorkie Yakker

Smile CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by azkaty View Post
Ralphie is 2 years and 3 .5 months old. He has been doing this sonce he was about a year old I think. the vet has never heard him do it, so he does not know. But I need to take the video to him to listen to.

What have you done to cure this prolem? Ralphie is not over weight at all. Sometimes, I give him a Benedryl, and he seems to get better.
Hi, It's me again. As Kathy said, try not to get Ralphie too excited.A CT is very common in small dogs and when they get excited, they will start making that noise.They are having trouble breathing. It can also be caused by a collar and leash when you walk them but Chloe never wore one, so she did not get it from that.

It seems that Chloe's problem has gotten worse over the years but seems to have stabilized now. She also has respitory problems (related to a CT? - I don't know). She has meds for her lungs that she takes every day and a med for coughing when she needs it. When we travel in our RV she does take the cough med every day-it also calms her.

Also, when we go for a walk, Chloe and Maddi walk with me, but as soon as I hear Chloe having a problem breathing, in the stroller she goes and she LOVES it. That way we can go for a longer walk and she can socialize with us. My vet loves this part.. Hope this info helps, any more ?'s m let me know.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!