Thread: New mommi
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 07:41 AM   #6
biewerlover
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsson View Post
Is it ok that i leave my 10 week old puppy at home wile i am at work,
Obviously your pup would probably prefer that you were home, no doubt you wish you could be to play with the little furball, but the reality is that many of us work. Try and make it as relaxful as possible. I usually leave the TV on, or the radio on, give some good chew toys w/ things hidden in it (like the KONG), make sure there are pee pads (and expect accidents at this young age). Expect that you might come home to a peepad that is torn to shreds with pee and poo on the floor..but, before you anger remember, this is just a baby and baby might be bored all day alone. Keep your cool, clean up the mess and move forward, it will get better.

That being said, make sure too that when you are home that you have some fun quality time together, that pup, even tough small needs mental and physical stimulation, run around, throw the toys, cuddle, message, laugh and play. Your pup is young yet, but I actually jog with my guy (he is bigger however 11lbs) and when we get home he is pooped out. I walk/jog both dogs in the morning before work (yes, I get up extra early to make it happen), its good for me, and I feel guilty cuz they are cooped up most of the day(I come home at lunch). I also often walk them at night time too.

Congrats on being a new mommie, where you will experience pure joy, frustration, anxiety, question your decision, be thrilled with your decision etc. It all comes with having a new puppy!!! P.S. Look into basic puppy classes if you can do it, they are great for socialization w/ other dogs etc (after pup has all shots up to date).

Kathy
biewerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!