Thread: I Am Sooo M A D
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 09:59 PM   #1
Doodlebug
♥Love My Puppies!♥
Donating Member

Default I Am Sooo M A D

Saturday my husband and I saw a Yorkie locked in a car with the windows barely cracked in a store parking lot, and no yorkie parent anywhere around. The temp was in the 80's, the sun was out and it was getting warm. The yorkie was panting and getting hot. I went inside the department store with vehicle descrip and lic # and asked them to page the car owner. When the lady came outside she was very indignant that we would mess into her business about her dog. I asked her if she would let me have to dog if she didn't care anymore about it than to kill it in a hot car. She refused to give me the dog. She argued with us that she was only going to be in there a few more minutes and she didn't want to open the windows and have her dog stolen. I offered to stand by her car and watch her dog if she would open the windows. She refused and left in a huff.

Sunday we went to a hardware store and guess what... in a car parked right in front of us was a little Yorkie alone in a car. Today it was cooler/overcast and the back windows were down a few inches. The dog looked ok because there was a breeze blowing thru.

Just for my future reference, who would you call to report this type of thing when an animal is in danger? Will the police break into someone's car to save a dog???

I wonder how many other dogs were left sitting in hot cars while "parents" were shopping this weekend. I wish some people would think about what they are doing to their precious little babies. I believe that would be an agonizing way to die.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!