View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 06:18 PM   #2
Yorkieluv
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I hope you find your baby soon, and I think it's wonderful that you're taking your time!! I know it's hard, but you're doing the right thing. I don't know of any breeders in that area, but if I hear of someone, I'll let you know!!

No, you're not being compulsive, you're being smart! Many of us have ended up with sick puppies. My yorkie has a liver shunt that is not repairable and he has to be on a special diet, medications, and supplements for the rest of his life. We have to monitor him very closely, or at least we do because we're always watching for signs...Sometimes he has seizures, and he passes bladder stones all the time. I bought from a breeder who claimed to have the parents on site and later I found out that she wasn't a breeder. She was actually a broker for puppymills! I was suckered into it. I cannot imagine my life without Miko though. He is the love of our lives, and like a child to my husband and me.

So, make sure you ask for a bile acid test to check for liver shunt before you buy the pup or within the time frame that you have to take the pup to the vet.

Good luck on your search for a pup!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!