View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 12:13 PM   #9
mswalker
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Fergie,

I'm so sorry that you had this experience, too. I know that you know how painful it is.

Our dog is now on an antidepressant (Elavil) twice a day. She has been on for about a month. We are starting to see some improvements. For example, her separation anxiety seems to be lessening. We have worked very hard on her issues with men, but I don't know if she'll ever fully be normal. It causes a lot of tension in our home, but I can't think of sending her to a new home because our behaviorist said she would regress to the point she was at when we got her. We've invested too much in getting her this far.

She can be very, very sweet and affectionate. I don't think she'll ever learn to "play." When she starts to play she freaks herself out! It's like she gets so excited and she doesn't know what to do with it so she stops and runs away. Anyway, she brings us happiness, sadness, and has taught us a LOT about patience! She loves other dogs, so we are thinking about getting a pal for her. I think that might make her happier, and may also provide a model for typical dog behavior.

Good luck.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!