View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 01:49 PM   #3
minniemn
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by feminvstr
your babies are gaining weight like crazy at least you know theyre being well fed. The weights of your babies at 2 weeks is my normal 4 week weight...
what is the size of the dam/sire?

Albon is for Coccidia, theyre young, their little immune system isnt able to fight off the infection. Keep a close eye on the stool if you see any blood in it notify the vet immediately.

At this point I would change the bedding several times a day...I am not sure where you live but besides feces, heat, humidity as well as stress can all be factors.

If you have the babies in a pen keep the sides wrapped all the way around draft free at all times, fans and aircondition should not be in the same room with the babies.

Hope this helps
congrats on your babies
I don't think my little guy (actually the big guy) had coccidia- the albon didn't work... but this new med has worked, and it seems that all babies have a normal stool now... I am not seeing any mess's like I have been.

These puppies are big, they were born big- funny the breeder told me her "stud" is proven to produce smaller puppies (I wanted to decrease the size in my dogs lines)

The puppies mom is over 7lbs, close to 8 (although she could be at 7lbs according to the breeder... but I don't agree with starving her to fit standards, the vet said she was healthy) and the "dad" is just a tad under 5lbs.

Gma was 6lbs and gpa was 3.5lbs...

I don't know about the next generation sizes.

If they grow up to be larger yorkies that is fine with me, I just want them healthy... I was concerned they are growing too fast, and that is why I was asking what is the normal growth rate in puppies first and second week of life, ect.

But I guess no one knows (I had thought someone who has been breeding for years would have a general idea on average growth weights... like they double the first week ect... but I guess not) ... I can't find it on the net either, although I am not the best at searches.

Thank you for the reply, I am in mn where it has been hot and muggy, (we put in window air to keep the house a steady temp without the humidity) I have kept the stress down as much as possible (I did have a grad party here at the house, BUT everyone stayed outside and I had the puppies in my room instead of the living room) but the first pup with runny stools was before the party, (I had them into the vet that am then)

At least they are gaining and not losing... I have a good mama also, she is feeding them very well.

Thanks again
minniemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!