View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 05:23 PM   #10
genie
Loves Hannah & Gracie
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawlins27 View Post
6.25 mg of Phenergan does sound like a lot. Keep a close eye on them and call the vet if you think they may have taken too much.

My vet has always told me that if their vomit is foamy and clear or white, then it is sinus drainage which upsets their stomachs. Get them into the vet's office as soon as you can. They may need to take some allergy medicine or they will continue to have sinus drainage and vomit. My boys take Temaril which works well for them.

It sounds like they have vomited alot. Keep an eye out for dehydration. If you feel they are becoming dehydrated try some pedialyte.

Thanks, I did think about the pedialyte too. She told me to give no food or water for 12 hours to let his stomach rest...that sounded like a long time to me, but he will probably sleep most of that time anyway, but if he wakes up in several hours and wants something to drink I will probably give him some pedialyte.

I think that the foamy was just what was left in his stomach after vomiting the dirt or whatever it was that he ate. He hasn't vomited since I gave him the suppository. He is sleeping now.
genie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!