View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 05:19 PM   #9
genie
Loves Hannah & Gracie
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJK1113 View Post
Since Phenergran is a prescription-only med, how would she think you would have any of it? I have had to take this medication for severe nausea, it is a strong medication. 6.25 mg. sounds like a high dose for such a small dog to me. My medication has a special warning on it for children. I looked it up, and the same warning is there...

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/d...r/a682284.html

I hope your babies feel better soon!
She probably thought I might have some because most people with children usually have some on hand from when the kids are sick and also she knows I am a nurse and I guess she thought that I might have some or be able to get some. She was going to meet me to give me some if I didn't have any.

I thought that 6.25mg was a big dose too, but she said it would be fine. I also know someone else with a maltese and she said that 6.25mg was a normal dose for them.

I know that there has recently been a warning for children under 2 years old because it caused respiratory depression. That worried me too about giving it to Bentley, but I will watch him real close.

Thanks for the warning...I was a little scared too, I actually gave a little less than 6.25mg...
genie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!