View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 04:23 PM   #6
SJK1113
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by genie View Post
Thanks everyone...he has vomited about 10 more times clear foamy...luckily I finally got in touch with the vet and she told me I could give pepto-bismol but phenergan is better. She asked if I had any phenergan and I told her I could get some (advantages of working in the ER 3 min away..he he)so she told me to give 6.25mg of suppository and no food or drink for 12 hours. So I just gave the suppository and I will let you know how it goes, thanks everyone. I get so worried about my babies when they are sick. I believe that they ate something like dirt that they could not digest and they vomited it up, well Hannah is used to eating junk so she bounced back but Bentley is not used to it and so after he vomited his little stomach was still irritated and he can't stop vomiting. He is just so weak and pitiful looking..
Since Phenergran is a prescription-only med, how would she think you would have any of it? I have had to take this medication for severe nausea, it is a strong medication. 6.25 mg. sounds like a high dose for such a small dog to me. My medication has a special warning on it for children. I looked it up, and the same warning is there...

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/d...r/a682284.html

I hope your babies feel better soon!
SJK1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!