View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 03:22 PM   #11
mistyinca
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar's Mom View Post
my little gal is 54 days today. She stopped eating her dry puppy food about a week and half ago. All she has been eating is wet food mixed with chicken. now, she is down to eating only boiled chicken. Will not even eat that if anything else is mixed at all. i have tried everything. drove an hour almost to the vet today to pick up some supposedly great wet food, she wouldn't have it. Went to tracter supply and got more cans of supposedly great wet. went to krogers, bought more. bought several premium chicken breast and cooked her a huge one. She ate about two tablespoons of that. But, according to the vet, that is only okay for a couple of days and she needs dog food. i am at my wits end. Any suggestions other than mixing something with the chicken? That just will not work. i don't mind cooking her breasts everyday but she needs more. She isn't acting sick or anything. Just doesn't want anything but chicken breasts and her pet tab.. Thanks.
Dee,
Solid Gold makes a powdered bone meal. You can sprinkle a little of that on her chicken to get some calcium in there.

Will she even eat Cesars or anything.
I feel your pain. Chloe frequently will go on eating strikes that last a few days at a time. I have had to learn to just wait it out. Of course, she's never been pregnant, and that adds another dimension to it.

Have you tried another kibble? Lots of picky yorkies love Royal Canin. I feed Chloe puppy 33, but they have another puppy one called baby dog that is supposed to be softer kibbles.
mistyinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!