View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 03:14 AM   #1
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Default Update on Chi-Chi

Hi everyone,

Chi-chi is doing well after her splint was taken off last week. She wants to run around and play like nothing happened but i'm afraid of her tripping or jumping on the furniture so she only gets 5-10 minutes of free play time at a clip. She also has morgan running after her where ever she goes when she's out.

Last Wednesday or Thursday I had posted an email to a bunch of friends and relatives to pass the email around about Chi-Chi. It included her story up until that post and her need for future surgery. A day later i got a phone call from my neighbor saying she has a co-worker who is interested. YAY!! So i took Chi-Chi to visit on friday to check them out, their home, and their dog (a 16 year old diabetic rat terrier). They were perfect. They've had dogs all their lives and obvisouly take care of them if they have the 16 year old diabetic who needs bi-daily insulin shots. I told them i'd find out more info on her knee surgery from the vet on monday and find out how much it would cost. They knew it was gonna cost alot but didn't know how much. So after taking to the surgeon yesterday i called them last night. I told them how much it would be ($3500 total for both knees) and i could immediately hear the "oh crap" in the tone of their voice. I told them i know its a lot of money and to think about it some more and give me a call. I even told them my mother and I woulld give them a little something to help with the cost.

So now i'm praying they will still want her because she can't stay here much longer. Its not fair to her. I'm not home for 9+ hours sometimes and she needs someone who will be home more often, especially if she's gonna have bi-lateral knee surgery.

lets all pray that chi-chi gets this home. wish us luck! we're gonna need it
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!